My name is Brooke Uptagrafft, M.D. I specialize in Family Medicine. I am a physician at Gleneagles Family Medicine in Huntsville, Alabama.
My practice will focus on:
- managing chronic diseases like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, COPD, etc…
- patient education
- preventive medicine
- a balance between physical and mental health
- helping my patients find their own peace of mind in relation to their health or stressful lifestyle
Patients seek the aid of physicians for assistance in ending their suffering. Suffering can come in many different forms but for the one experiencing it, it is painful. I hope to center my practice on assisting my patients to end their own suffering.That could involve you taking a medicine prescribed, changing your diet, ending an addiction, understanding more about your disease, adjusting your lifestyle to prevent further illness or even questioning your stressful thoughts. In my experience, physicians can provide sound medical advice but it is up to you, the patient, to take charge of your own physical and mental health.
I hope to start providing resources to help you in this endeavor by posting my thoughts on this blog.
- St. Vincent’s East Family Medicine Residency Program, Birmingham, AL 07/2008 – 08/2011
- University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL M.D., 07/2004-05/2008
- Mississippi State University, Starkville, MS B.S., Biochemistry, Summa cum Laude 08/1999-12/2003
- Chief Resident, St. Vincent’s East Family Medicine, Birmingham, AL 2010-2011
- Certifications: ACLS, BLS, PALS, ALSO
- Memberships: American Academy of Family Physicians, American Medical Association